Help! I’m on my Chromebook in developer mode and I can’t
sudo in the shell!
So you have a Chromebook. You booted into developer mode. You
alt+ctrl+t for the terminal. You entered
But now when you want to try crouton or something as
sudo, it prompts you for a password you don’t know!
- Go into VT2 using
- When prompted for a login, use
- If you enabled Debugging Features and you set a root password, enter that password.
- If you enabled Debugging Features and you DID NOT set a root password, enter
- If you DID NOT enable Debugging Features, …? (contributions welcomed)
chromeos-setdevpasswdand follow the prompt.
- Once complete, you have just set the
sudopassword! Use it on the shell (a.k.a
Enormous thanks to Github user lan-gate.